Friday, March 10, 2017

Freedom Friday

What Is Pain? 

Pain is something that we feel either externally or internally. Today I want to talk about the internal pain. 

Internal pain, is pain we feel in our souls, or spirits. It can be felt by anxiety and panic, heartbreak, even something that seems as small as hurt feelings. I want to give you examples of each and give you scripture to heal those wounds, scripture is like healing salve to our souls. 

A certain kind of pain I am very familiar with is, anxiety, to where you are having to tell yourself that God is with you no matter what sometimes every minute of every day, you get no rest. You are worried about what you wear, what you look like, what you say etc. Sadly, it's such a successful tool the enemy uses. Let me just explain one thing to you and let it soak in. Totally wrap yourself up in knowing that we are made perfectly how God wanted us to be made. We go through things for many reasons, but one reason is so we can help others when they are down and out. Here is a scripture that I hold so very close to my heart:

Psalm 139:14King James Version (KJV)

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

I want you to do one thing for yourself: say this everyday! Speak this truth into your life. When you feel ugly, tell yourself we were made in God's image, (Gen. 1:27) When you feel anxiety washing over you and you feel unsettled, speak Philippians 4:6-7 over your life. If you feel like you're going to fail tell yourself you're more than a conqueror through Christ JESUS, (Romans 8:37). 

My mom once told me as a little girl that everything is in the Bible that you could ever need. If you need rest, read in Matthew chapter 11 verses 28-30. If you need peace read in Philippians. On and on. And as any little kid would, I asked, 'Well what about this?' and 'How about that?' and my mom said "Yes" to everything that I asked. I had to find this out for myself and so that's what I've done, God has blessed me so much with knowing if I ever need anything I can go to my road map, which is my Bible. Over the years I truly saw that everything I ever needed was in the wonderful book of God.

Yes, it can seem impossible, but we have to fully trust God with our pain, with our anxiety, with our doubts, shame, whatever it is because that could be what is holding us back from doing what God wants us to do. For a long time, and still sometimes if I don't fully surrender to God, before writing blog posts, or before I talk to someone about God or He tells me to say something to them, I am nervous and at times doubtful that I, a mere human, could contain the knowledge that God needs me to use for Him. 

Pain can come in so many forms, even forms we don't realize, I encourage you today, to reach out and grab onto the LORD, grasp freedom and let it wash over you and cleanse your soul so you can do whatever you're called to do; whether that be a writer of any kind (author, journalist, etc.), or a police officer, worship leader, preacher, or whatever it is! Don't put God in a box! Don't use Him as a crutch, just when you need Him and then forget Him when things get better. He is there for you, He is there when you call on Him, so praise Him in the good and in the bad. 

As hard as it is, we have to leave the past in the past and hold on to the future with everything we have. DON'T PICK IT BACK UP!! This is so hard for us all, but we have to be sure that we don't pick it back up, it is just going to hinder us. 

This Friday, or whatever day you're reading this, declare your freedom, declare your hope in JESUS' name and just live your life without fear for God!

If you ever need a friend to pray for you, or talk to you about God, or if you have questions, feel free to contact me. You can find me on Facebook, Instagram (@kadesia_shae_owens) or email me @ kadesiaowens50@gmail.com and I will message/email you back as soon as I can. 

God bless you!

Your friend, 
Kadesia

No comments:

Post a Comment